Design Draughting provides a sub contract StruCAD 3-D modelling and steelwork detailing service for the structural and architectural industries.
Through continuing investment in people and technology and our commitment to work in close partnership with our clients and design teams, our detailing team aim is to deliver and exceed expectations on all steelwork contracts.
Our drawing office works with steel fabricators, engineering consultants and architects. We can be involved from any stage of the contractual process from conceptual design modelling through to the finalised structure. Our team of draughtsmen have many years of manual, AutoCAD and StruCAD experience covering all aspects of structural and architectural steelwork.
Utilising the latest ‘StruCAD’ software allows Us to create an intelligent 3-D model of all types of steel structures, differing in size or complexity. It features the capability of accurately visualising structures, often with highly intricate or architectural details, which can be distributed to the client/architect or engineer to view the contract in virtual reality from any view point or ‘fly through’.
Each StruCAD model contains a database which can be customised to suit the individual clients requirements.
This software also automatically provides General Arrangement Drawings, Fabrication Drawings, Erection and 3-D Drawings and DSTV and CAM Data Outputs. Material lists can be generated at any stage of the modelling process for procurement.
The accuracy of the output from StruCAD is such that little editing is required and drawings may be issued directly to the fabricator, resulting in significant time savings.
Each project that is undertaken is assigned a senior draughtsman to lead the contract. It is their responsibility to liaise with the, design team and coordinate the flow of information.
Upon completion all 3-D model and drawing work is reviewed prior to formal issue. Combined with StruCAD’s own clash checking facility this process ensures 3 high level of accuracy.
Our detailing service incorporates the following:
- Models produced for tendering and estimating.
- Full 3-D modelling providing fabrication drawings and DSTV/CAM data.
- General arrangement and erection drawings.
- Full technical query service.
- Bede College – Billingham
- SRC3 Stockon Riverside College – Stockon on Tees
- St Enochs Shopping Centre – Glasgow – Architectural Steelwork
- Castle Court Student Accomodation – Newcastle Upon Tyne
- ND3 – Templegate Shopping Centre – Bristol – Architectural Steelwork
- London Arena Redevolopment
- Morrisons Stores – Various Nationwide
- John Lewis – Feature Steel – Various Nationwide
- Stratford Olympic Village – London
- Sainsburys Stores – Various Nationwide
- Diagrid Roof – Regents Place – London – Architectural Steelwork
- Congriffin Railway Station – Dublin
- White City – Shepherds Bush – London
- Prestwich Hospital – Prestwich
- Isle of Dogs – London
- Greater Manchester Waste Facility – Manchester
- Data Storage Facility HBOS – Pudsey
- Rawmarsh Goverment Call Centre – Rawmarsh
- Fryers Goose Flats – Newcastle Upon Tyne
- RSPB Salthome – Hartlepool