Design Group offer a sub contract Management facility and can accommodate most roles within the construction industry and whilst we predominantly specialise in structure and envelope we do have a good working knowledge of other trades.
If you require any of our services for the project duration or just as holiday cover we will be happy to assist.
Our Key Skills include:
- CSCS cards.
- 4 day first aid certificate (red cross) if required.
- Good working knowledge of Health and Safety at Work.
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent Problem Solving.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Team building.
- Organised and professional.
- Customer Liaison.
- Value Engineering.
- Collation and distribution of relevant information.
- Specification and product.
- Meeting project sub-contractors and the design team.
- Work closely with other departmental heads such as the Estimating, Construction and Planning Managers to ensure the effective delivery of the Design Management function.
- Pre and post tender functions.
- Continue with the Design Management, setting up information control systems and ensuring information is received to scheduled dates, is practical for construction purposes and satisfied the contractual obligations.
- Understanding of the development process from inception.
- To manage and supervise construction sites.
- To ensure site conforms and adheres to Health and safety policies.
- To provide first aid cover on site.
- To monitor and report on site progress.
- Preparing and managing processes for site management.
- Preparing and managing processes/procedures and other project specific documentation for site safety and environmental control.
- Preparing and managing installation sequencing and programmes for delivery.
- Planning, engaging and managing site management staff and labour.
We can offer a Management service for Construction companies and private clients, we would be responsible for as much or as little as required namely overseeing of building work, taking off drawings, material costing, the appointment of relevant sub-contractors, keeping within budgets, liaising with Engineers and Architects, setting out levels and site safety.
Design Group provide a reliable and comprehensive price estimating service for any size of job from the smallest house extension through to refurbishment and alteration o existing buildings to complete new build schemes.
We all know how important the need is to service both current and prospective Clients, and how frustrating it can be when the estimating department is stretched to capacity, yet as a company you still need to continue to price as many competitive tenders as possible, whilst at the same time maintaining harmony amongst your estimating team.
Our aim is to provide you with a service that you will find both professional and yet personal, complimenting your own estimating team, and as we have found with other Contractors that we
currently work for, we are treated very much a part of the company.
We are proud of the service we provide, we work very closely with your own pre-contract team, keeping them informed every step of the tendering process, and utilising your teams expertise with our estimating skills to produce the best bid possible.
O & M Manuals
A service to Main Contractors, Subcontractors and CDMCs compiling high quality, cost effective O&M Manuals and Building Manuals.
- Levels of service to accommodate all budgets
- Your company designs incorporated into the manuals
- Each manual customised to meet the needs of the job or client
- Full printed and electronic O&M Manual production service
- On-line manual archive helping save money and the environment
- Uploading of content to 3rd party database systems if required
Method Statements & Risk Assessments
We can offer a professional Method Statement and Risk Assessment writing service for all types of activities and tasks. We can analyse your working processes and write site specific or bespoke method statements for your work to reduce and manage the risks involved. You will then be able to comply with the needs of your clients and current health and safety.